Agency: MARTA Police Operations
Location: Atlanta GA
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Date Start 14-Jun-2016
Closing Date 30-Mar-2017
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
Would like to invite you to a:
MARTA Police Information Session
Saturday, February 25, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Live your Dream-Join the MARTA Team!!!
Now’s the chance for you to start a great Law Enforcement career at MARTA! On Saturday, February 25, 2017, MARTA will host an Information Session to find team-oriented, customer-focused individuals to be one of the MARTA Police Department ‘s finest.
MARTA will offer an on-site information session for open police positions at an event being held from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the MARTA Headquarters, 2424 Piedmont Road N.E., Atlanta, GA 30324. The MARTA Headquarters is located across the street from the Lindbergh Center Station.
The successful candidate will have one of the following:
ท two or more years of college (60 semester hours/90 quarter hours)
ท one completed term of Honorable Military Service
ท two years as a POST Certified Peace Officer, Corrections Officer or Jailer
ท Completion of a Pre-Service Academy
Applicants must also be at least 21-years-old and are required to pass all tests related to the position, including a Background investigation to include criminal history records check, polygraph examination and credit check. Must pass physical examination, including drug/alcohol screening and psychological testing. Must possess a valid drivers’ license. Professional/business attire is required at the information session. ญญญญญญญญญญญญญ
Pay starts at $36,670 and tops out at $56,430 for a Sr. Officer.
MARTA offers excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
MARTA also provides all uniforms and equipment.
MARTA is currently offering a
$3,000 Signing Bonus for Georgia Certified Officers.
$1,000 Signing Bonus for non-certified personnel.
IF YOU APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AND PASS THE ASSESSMENT , YOU WILL RECIEVE AN EMAIL WITH A APPLICATION ATTACHED.
All candidates must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
Candidate must be 21 years of age and a United States citizen. Must possess
excellent verbal and written communications skills. The successful
candidate must also have one of the following: two or more years of college; one
completed term of Honorable Military Service, completion of a Pre-Service
Academy, two years as a Certified Corrections Officer, Certified Peace Officer
or Jailer. Candidates are hired into the pay structure as follows:
Noncertified candidates will earn entry rate ($17.63) while attending POST academy. Upon POST certification (or if POST certified when hired):
*candidates with a high school education will be paid Step1 pay
rate $18.33 per hour
*candidates with two years of college or an Associate's degree will be paid Step 2 pay rate $19.07 per hour
*candidates with a Bachelor's degree or higher level of education will be paid Step 3 pay rate $19.83 per hour
*candidates that are GA POST Certified Police Officer with two or more years of Law enforcement experience will receive Senior Officer Pay (up to $27.13 per hour)
MARTA offers excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. MARTA also provides all uniforms and equipment.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
Engages in activities necessary to ensure public safety, law enforcement, security and crime prevention. Some duties are performed under stressful or life-threatening circumstances or require physical restraint of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs patrol activities and related tasks such as vehicle and foot patrols, traffic control, security checks, crowd control and assisting persons in distress (includes providing emergency medical care to ill or injured persons).
2. Carries out apprehension and arrest procedures; issues warnings and citations; investigates accidents, complaints, and incidents; preserves crime scenes and gathers evidence; testifies in court.
3. Operates communications equipment and police vehicles; follows procedures regarding the use of firearms and the use of force; maintains equipment in excellent working order.
4. Prepares and submits accurate police reports; successfully completes all training requirements; conforms to the Police Services Dress Code.
5. Communicates with and offers assistance to the public; answers questions; responds to complaints or problems in tactful and diplomatic manner. Strives to meet MARTA Police Services goals to provide for a customer oriented, safe and secure system.
6. Acquires and demonstrates knowledge of federal regulations, local ordinances, state law, and MARTA Police emergency and safety procedures.
This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE. Participation in MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination.
An official investigation into the applicant's background will be conducted, including a criminal history records check.
Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and perform all aspects of the positions of Police Officer.
A physical examination, including drug/alcohol screen, psychological test, and physical agility test will be required.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Classification Non Exempt
Number of Openings 1
Reports To DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATOR
Salary Grade 0008P
Work Hours 40
Work Days varies
Posting Type Both Internal and External